14 July 2014

The Golden Temple at Amritsar


Amritsar's just as hot as Delhi: the temperature got to about 41 degrees celsius today. I left early in the morning to visit the Golden Temple but even then the heat was sweltering. Still, the visit was worth every bit of discomfort.

(Again, this photograph looks soft to me, although the original's tack sharp. I don't know what's going wrong -- some idiosyncracy of android or the app or something. I'll keep trying to work out what's going on, but in the meantime all I can do is apologise for the quality. Bummer.)


All content © 2014 Pete McGregor

5 comments:

pohanginapete said...

RR, EC, Zhoen: sorry, but when I tried fixing the photograph I lost your comments (maybe I'll cut my losses and just accept the photos aren't up to my standards). Fortunately, your comments were automatically emailed to me. Thanks for the feedback (and Zhoen, Iceland sounds like heaven).

Zhoen said...

No sweat. The photos look up to your usual standards to me, but then I have older eyes.

pohanginapete said...

Thanks for the reassurance, Zhoen. I'm going to start letting the camera do everything except the resizing, so that should (touch wood) solve some of the problem. Might just be that it's an idiosyncracy of this tablet, too -- I'll know when I can check the blog on a decent PC.

Lesley said...

Looks fine to me, Pete. Must be your tablet.

Goodness, that temple must be blinding when the sun reflects off it into people's eyes.

pohanginapete said...

Thanks Lesley; that's good to know. On the tablet the photographs are definitely enlarged; they don't appear at the correct size, so that's presumably the problem. The temple's wonderful, although smaller than I expected (a lesson in not having expectations). I wish I'd gone before dawn, though, but more about that later, on Pohanginapete.