17 July 2014

Monk on the Dharamkot road, McLeod Ganj


Yesterday evening I returned to the Dharamkot road. Mist hung dense in the forest and lingered around the road; a few people laboured up the steep path or walked more briskly down. I took my time, enjoying the relative tranquility before rejoining the crowds at McLeod Ganj.

I also, as I discovered back in my room, had played host to a leech -- the first time I've donated blood since leaving New Zealand.


All content © 2014 Pete McGregor

7 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Love the monk and the green serenity. The leech? No.

pohanginapete said...

EC, I'd have liked to photograph it, but by the time I discovered the bite, it had gone. Didn't even stay to say thanks for the feed.

Relatively Retiring said...

Such beautiful colours, and such atmosphere.

Ruahines said...

Kia ora Pete,
Glad to see you can still find the mist. Kia Kaha e hoa.
Robb

pohanginapete said...

RR, plenty of both here.

Kia ora Robb. No problems finding it here!

Zhoen said...

Flashes of scarlet,
Robes and blood in perfusion.
Indian summer.

pohanginapete said...

Thanks Zhoen :)