20 July 2014

Dog at Dal Lake


One of the guide books describes Dal Lake, one of the points of interest near Dharamsala, as 'underwhelming'. That's an apt description, but the place isn't entirely without interest. The dogs certainly know how to pose for photographs -- plenty of practice, perhaps?

Early tomorrow morning I catch the bus to Manali. Most people apparently take the night bus, but I like to see the places I'm travelling through, particularly when I have to spend 10 hours in a bus.



All content © 2014 Pete McGregor

6 comments:

Relatively Retiring said...

A made-to-measure plinth.

Zhoen said...

And not even a coonhound like Maddie,

http://maddieonthings.com

pohanginapete said...

RR, several places in New Zealand have sculptures that look remarkably like this. Maybe that subconsciously attracted my attention (or maybe it was just the dog).

Zhoen, I hadn't seen the Maddie the coonhound site. Thanks!

Elephant's Child said...

I would argue the description of 'underwhelming'. With open eyes, heart, mind there is something to be considered everywhere. And frequently beauty.
And your photo is a case in point.

Ruahine said...

Kia ora Pete,
When I saw this photo it did make me think of the sculpture in Feilding of the cockey and his dog. Locked into a cold patch here. Very wintry. Heading into the Forks late next week. Will be thinking of you. Stay well e hoa.
Robb

pohanginapete said...

EC, you have point. Thank you :)

Kia ora Robb. Hard to imagine two places more different than here and the Forks. Have a great time in there, e hoa.