26 February 2009

Twilight, Southern Ruahine Range from No. 2 Line

Southern Ruahine twilightYesterday I left my bike ride until late evening and took the camera with me. It was worth it. The view is from halfway up No. 2 Line, looking North-East along the southern Ruahine Range. The range in the distance, with the tops just touched by cloud, is the Ngamoko Range, an outlier of the main Ruahine Range, from which it's separated by the headwaters of the Pohangina River.

All content © 2009 Pete McGregor

6 comments:

Di Mackey said...

This homesick kiwi had a shiver run down her spine (in a good way) when she saw this photograph.

pohanginapete said...

Di, it's a very beautiful place and autumn, despite its melancholy promise of bleak days to come, has some of the year's most beautiful light. I understand your homesickness.

Ruahines said...

Kia ora Pete,
It makes me homesick as well! Those Ngamoko's look like they might be pretty interesting up in that cloud, bring back a lot of memories.
Cheers,
Robb

pohanginapete said...

Kia ora Robb. I've often been on the tops of the Ngamoko in vile weather, and interesting's quite a euphemism! I wouldn't want to be up there today unless I had good, warm, waterproof shelter and nowhere to get to in a hurry. However, that being said, snugged down in a good little tent in one of those relatively sheltered hollows with a brew going and a good book at hand would be rather pleasant.

robin andrea said...

I am always struck by your ability to capture a huge piece of earth and sky, in a way that really gives a feel for what you are seeing. This is quite beautiful.

pohanginapete said...

Thank you, robin andrea :^)