04 June 2009

One for Michael

No. 1 Line shedMichael's an astonishing photographer, able to capture particular qualities and moments extraordinarily well. Generally, these are photos that should be approached slowly, allowing time for them to work (some, however, just hit you instantly, like Henri Cartier-Bresson's photos). I swear I've seen shadows move in some of Michael's photos. Go over and have a look at his latest post (open individual photos in a separate tab to see them better) and leave him a comment.

This is the remains of an old cottage up No. 1 Line, about half an hour's bike ride from my place.

All content © 2009 Pete McGregor

4 comments:

Barbara Butler McCoy said...

Oh, so stunning. This makes me think of the last bit of Yeats' "The Circus Animals' Desertion," about laying down in the foul rag and bone shop of the heart. Now I'll check out Michael's work.

pohanginapete said...

Thank you, Barbara. :^)

michael.offworld said...

Pete, wonderful shot. Like a gift. I like the depth through the window. Gentle light too.

Thanks for the link. Back at you friend.

pohanginapete said...

Michael, you're welcome. Really glad I found your blog, and it seems churlish not to share it.