06 July 2010

Foxgloves

Hard to imagine days like this on days like today (cold, raining)
November 2008; days still lengthening; warmth; bee-loud glades. The stream rushing to the river and a light breeze rustling the poplar leaves. The dead trunk was a lacebark (Hoheria sp.), endemic to Aotearoa. This is the history of much of New Zealand.
[I’ve been having difficulty posting lately — although I’m still within my data cap my ISP seems to have jumped the gun and throttled my Internet access to slow dial-up speeds. I trust things will be back to normal in a few days.]
[16 November 2008; Canon 20D, 24–105 mm f4 L at 24 mm, ISO 200, 1/80 at f11]

All content © 2010 Pete McGregor

2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Oh - I love November. Knowing that summer is around the corner. Love that splash of pink in this scene.

Right now, it's hard to imagine the world could ever look like this again!

pohanginapete said...

Summer is on the way, Anne-Marie. Consider the current weather a means to cultivate the art of anticipation ;^)