05 July 2009

Dancer at the camel festival

DancerOne of the family of entertainers who performed at the camel festival near Bikaner in January 2007.

[Note: My camera has died; the LCD, menu, and most other functions including autofocus, no longer function. I'll take it in on Monday to see if it can be resurrected, but the process, if economically feasible, might take some time. I'm effectively camera-less, so, for a while you'll be viewing only older photos. Should be plenty there to enjoy, I trust. Wish me luck.]
All content © 2009 Pete McGregor

7 comments:

PurestGreen said...

Whenever I see a photo like this I immediately wonder what she might be doing now.

pohanginapete said...

Purest Green, that's so true. My thoughts exactly.

Zhoen said...

Lovely.


Sorry about the camera issues, I guess we'll just have to survive on the *old* stuff.

Elia Marina López said...

I agree with PurestGreen. If she is capable of lighting up our spirits with that smile, all I could wish for her is a happy life in her present and future. Beautiful job, Pete. Hope your camera -that extension of your eye and your sensitivity- gets back to the land of the living shortly.

Ely.

jelb said...

Bonjour,
Great portrait..Wonderful lightness, details and colors..Bravo!

AJB said...

Bad luck wrt the camera. :(

pohanginapete said...

Zhoen, plenty of old stuff to keep things ticking over for a while.

Ely, thank you. The break from photographing might turn out to be a good thing in the long run — I trust I'll return with a refreshed eye :^)

Jelb, thank you.

Andrew, yes, a bit of a bummer, but I'm optimistic I'll be able to get it fixed for substantially less than the price of the cheapest new camera. Now the initial hype has settled, I'm somewhat disappointed with the latest offerings from Canon (i.e. 50D and 500D), so I'm happy enough to wait to upgrade.