29 April 2011

Autumn again


The rain finally eased off and a bright sun turned the day into one to remember. But by late afternoon the cold had begun to creep out from the lengthening shadows as I wandered along the edge of the terrace, enjoying the sight of the low sun through the yellowing leaves of the wilding sycamores. I remembered a photograph from another autumn and wondered whether this would be too similar to post. Now you know. But had it really been two years ago? So much has changed, but the seasons still come around.


[29 April 2011, Panasonic Lumix GH1, 100–300 mm at 300 mm, ISO 400, 1/200 at f6.3]


All content © 2011 Pete McGregor

7 comments:

Kiwi Nomad said...

The golden light this evening here in PN seemed especially pronounced as sunset drew near. You have captured the drama of it so well.

pohanginapete said...

Thank you, Kiwi Nomad. Glad you enjoyed the real thing, too.

Batteson.Ind said...

I'm planning on getting some photos of the fresh new leaves over here, a vivid green that quickly deepens... I love the fact that the planet is just a big ball of balance... beautiful photos as always, though I was skipping quickly through the autumn cloudy ones, I need to focus on the sunshine over here at the moment, it's a rarity :-D

Me from Cali said...

Love the light. Make me homesick for my old woods.

pohanginapete said...

Watercats, thanks — I understand that need to enjoy the sunshine, too. I'm just about to do the same, before the rain returns...

Pauli, autumn's reminders of what's coming can be daunting, but the light's often more beautiful than at any other time of year.

leonie said...

There's nothing quite like the golden light that autumn provides. Yet, there's also nothing quite like the silver light that spring promises, or the blues of summer, or the cool light of winter.

It's the little things you notice that get me looking for little things too.

And yes, things change, things stay the same, the seasons come and go; and we move, or stay still, yet are somehow always changed.

pohanginapete said...

Beautifully said, Leonie. Thanks! :^)